Rondeau bay

Let's talk Fishing in and around Erieau, Lake Erie and Rondeau Bay.
jstuebing

Rondeau bay

Post by jstuebing » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Hey I saw the site was down for a while!!

Just posting a report for Bass wondering how everyone else is doing.

I went out for a bit to test my boat on Saturday - got a limit of walleye then poked my head in - pretty rough waters - did manage one nice largemouth over by shrewsbury.

Also a decent pike towards seagull island on the erieau side.

Anyone else hammering them yet?

EauBuoy
Site Admin

Re: Rondeau bay

Post by EauBuoy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Ya sorry. My brother is the "techie". It took awhile to see what it was the webhost didn't like and fix it.

Port Glasgow is catching jumbos from the pier. This could be good for us because historically, soon after perch are hitting in glasgow, we start getting them in Morpeth, the, white stake, and/or the gun range. There are reports of perch being caught near the shorelines from Erie Shore Drive to Dealtown.
EB
May you have fair winds and following seas!

jstuebing

Re: Rondeau bay

Post by jstuebing » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Interesting I live on the lake just before Dealtown near the Gold's - sounds like I might need to come get some minnows soon to go fish off the dock ;)

I was lucky enough to get a run of white bass past my house about 2 weeks ago - pretty fun when you can cast jigs from the dock/shore and actually get pretty consistent action with keepable fish.

Thanks for the heads up ;)

I've found bass fishing ont he bay to be a bit trickier this year with the higher water and water clarify - anyone else?